Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Nature's Shelter

Carol Sloan here.

I am an avid nature lover.
I spend a lot of time hiking, riding bikes and kayaking with my husband.

I have been collecting leaves, rocks, twigs and feathers since I was a little nature lover.
It stands to reason that I reference nature in a lot of my artwork and writing.

Today's post is no different.

I've been working on new pieces that involve the fashion of nature.
And, to my delight, I was able to connect this theme with that theme!
(don't you just love it when that happens?)

I've been using some of my most treasured artifacts (the leaves, twigs and feathers) to represent the changing fashion of nature.

Here's a peek at one of my sketchbook pages.
I was fleshing out an idea on the pages instead of doing it on a 24" x 36" canvas.


The leaves are from a shrub in my front yard.
It is shelter to a least one little nest of birds.
I suspect that many other animals seek shelter among its many leaves, not to mention all of the plants that hide from the sun underneath it.

Now, back to the studio for more fun, uh, I mean work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.