Monday, September 3, 2012

patterns originating from nature

sketchbook pattern play
Jane LaFazio here. I do love patterns! When I saw the theme announced I was immediately inspired by these rocks I'd collected on the beach. I used a dark, water-soluble stabilo aquarelle pencil to quickly sketch these. They'd make a great stencil or silkscreen I think.sketchbook pattern play

sketchbook pattern play
I was just in beautiful Chicago, and sketched the above pattern from the decorative bas relief on the side of a building while I was having an iced tea.
sketching jane in chicago
Jane LaFazio, sidewalk sketching in Chicago
sketchbook pattern play
a variation of the Chicago pattern.

7 comments:

  1. Always love how you play with patterns! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative. Will surely try someday to seek patterns in everyday life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Jane! And nice shot of you in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was told once that a rock with a line running all the way through it is good luck. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are a true inspiration love these patterns --

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Love these patterns & "variations on a theme"! I found rocks like that in Ireland! (they're my faves in my rock collection) - so I especially loved seeing them here!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful patterns. The second ones have a real 'art deco' feel to them.
    I shall look for your blog again.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.