Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Inside My Sketchbook Cabinet

Jamie Fingal checking in on a cabinet of curiosities.  I thought that using my Moleskin Storybook Journal would give me a sense of these small items being in cabinet.  They are one inch or so squares.  This one is about what is inside my imagination of shapes, patterns and fun!

I just happen to be on vacation in Hawaii right now, so my subjects are things that I am seeing all around me.

and the airplane, flying to Kauai from Los Angeles. What's inside your sketchbook cabinet?

7 comments:

  1. Are you in Kauai?? We will be there next month. Love the Kaui sketches
    Inchie tangles! What a great idea. Got to try this. Trouble is all my blogging is stealing my art time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had pretty much the same idea!--repurposing what is the traditional grid-pattern of a comic book page as a "shadowbox" or "cabinet of curiosities" drawing inside each compartment interesting objects real or imaginary...

    http://wetkissgraffix.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. your doodles are so fun and have inspired me to get out my own sketchbook and pen! i hope you had a wonderful trip and are resting at home right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea, and stunning sketches

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sketches but I am totally jealous you are sketching in Hawaii! Have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these, so simple and yet so great! Makes me want to doodle and draw. I love the way the page is separated :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.