Saturday, October 13, 2012

My Cabinet construction continues....

Desiree here, I have finished a new section of my cabinet and here it is! I choose to add a vertical section to display some of Jennifer's dead pets, these are ones we bought not caught!

I sketched and painted them first in watercolor. Then I transferred my sketches to the main painting surface. I have to use acrylic paint since watercolor will just bead up on the surface we have created.
I have cut these out and placed them around the painting to see where I like them. You could always use gel medium to attach if you wanted adding a bit of dimension to the piece but I decided to paint directly onto the surface so I can age them better.

Here is my cabinet so far, I added some labels and pins to my dead pets. I also gave them shadows to appear to be floating about the background as they do when they are pinned. How is your cabinet coming along? 

5 comments:

  1. What is it about bugs? So intriguing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a vivid addition! i'm loving the way your CoC is filling up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is your cabinet coming along?

    Mine isn't, but I'm thoroughly enjoying yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh I really like it so far!! Can't wait to see if finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your csbinet is amazing! Can't wait to see what goes in the last cubby!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.