While looking for 'curiosities' in my sketchbook, I came across some pages of studies I'd done of different facial features.
For this page I copied, cut and adhered the images using Mixed Media Adhesive.
I sketched and shaded over the top of the images using my pencils, creating a page of parts.
I decided to take some of the parts and 'create' a face, a sort of 'Frankenstein' approach to portraiture. I cut them out and again used Mixed Media Adhesive which contains a ground that allows me to sketch right over the collaged images. I used one of my face maps for a base to glue the images on to.
Next I used a couple of stencils (Artist Cellar and Stencil Girls) and Permanent Liquid Pencil Sketching Ink and added some 'Steampumk" flare to my face.
Using various tints of Lyra Graphitkreide water soluble graphite crayons, I shaded over the collaged images to tie them all together in the face, activating them with a water brush.
A black Stabilo Pencil adds even more depth.
Then I gently buffed the Permanent Liquid Pencil Sketching Ink to a sheen with a tissue.
Loved how this slightly curious creature emerged from faces drawn in the past.