Monday, October 8, 2012

Pumpkin "collection"

pumpkins 2012
a page from my sketchbook, by Jane LaFazio
Jane LaFazio here. I nearly always draw from real life. In this page, I drew a single pumpkin from different vantage points and in slightly different styles.
pumpkins 2012
a page from my sketchbook, by Jane LaFazio
pumpkins 2012
 detail from a page from my sketchbook, by Jane LaFazio
pumpkins 2012
drawn with a water soluble pencil
I find myself drawing more quickly, and in a loose style. I'm learning to trust my basic drawing abilities and letting them emerge, like my handwriting and just as unique.
pumpkins 2012
patterns in a pumpkin......a page from my sketchbook, by Jane LaFazio 
I teach an after-school arts program called Mundo Lindo, for 4th and 5th grade kids, and it's starting up again this month. This page was also a way to work out an assignment for the kids. Drawing a pumpkin realistically, then another filled with pattern. See what they did here.
pumpkins 2012

pumpkins 2012

4 comments:

  1. Jane, I love these! And I knew it was your post even before I saw your name in the caption! You do have a unique style... very much a signature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, now, that's a great way to loosen up when you're prone to "realistic" in your drawing. Thanks for the tip/idea! I'll have to practice that, draw something, then play and don't worry about it! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful autumn pumpkin collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sketches! It's nice to see different techniques on one page. Oh and I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.