Saturday, November 10, 2012

spicy colored pencils

Sue B here with another page for this months theme depicting more commonly seen botanicals here in New England in the fall...



I've been using colored pencils quite a bit in this new sketchbook.  The cream colored pages make a nice base to use them on.  The other day while I was wandering the aisles of the craft store I picked up a colored pencil blender and I really like the effect it has on the colored pencils when rubbed across the surface.  I did a quick sample page of some of the colors I use a lot to see what the effect the blender would have on them:



I think this new blender tool just might become a new favorite in my sketching tool kit...

3 comments:

  1. What blender was it, Sue? Is it one of those with the harsh chemicals, because I'm afraid to breathe that stuff, but I really LOVE how you present the effects here.

    I'd love to try it, but I'm scared of the chemicals...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it at Michaels craft store and it's the colored pencil blender pen by Artist's Loft. It has a brush tip on one end and a marker tip at the other. I didn't notice any really harsh smell from it other than a slight alcohol odor that didn't really seem to linger.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! This is so important to doccument our changing seasons- and the things around us that color our world!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.