Friday, November 9, 2012

Tangled Zen Spice

Frances Holliday Alford here.

Like a lot of the group, I am still recovering from IQA.  What fun we all had.  What a zesty spicy group of women we know.


I bought a book I am really enjoying,  One Zentangle a Day, by Beckah Krahula.  It is a six week course in drawing for relaxation, inspiration and fun.  
Since I am still on the road, I am poking around in the book rather than taking it one 
day at a time.  Of course.  But I have really enjoyed using some of the images she has inspired.  

I cut one image into two parts and used 
each of them separately.  One side is papyrus and the other watercolor paper.  I used pens, graphite pencil and watercolor marking pens.



                                                                                                   
These were also cut images. 
 I have posted them
                                           on Facebook as part of my daily collage series.                                                                                                          



 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<

More collage images with zentangle type sketching.  


A substrate of business cards was covered with art paper,
 and then I sketched over the whole image.

A little experimentation with Encaustic wax after taking a workshop from Jane Davies.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<


Now,  for the women who spice up the IQA Quilt Festival in Houston.  There are more spicy women than just these.  But, it WAS Halloween and girls just have to have fun.
Victoria, Hoodie, Michele

Leslie, Lyric, Rachel  

Hoodie

Leslie

Victoria, Hoodie

Michele, Jeannie

Lyric, Rachel


Frances, Over and out.  Bye for now.



1 comment:

  1. How fun! Thanks for sharing! Love the zentangle experiments!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.