Sunday, December 23, 2012

Gifts that nurture the soul

Merry Christmas, and a Joyous Holiday Season!  I hope your friends and families are gathered near, enjoying time together during this wonderful time of hope and love.  Kari checking in.  I've been such a busy elf with tons of deadlines, most work related, a few self imposed as I enjoy making gifts for a few on the "nice" list.  It's so easy to get caught up in the 'shopping' mode and lose sight of the fact that spending time with our loves is one of the most precious gifts of all.  I realized this was taking me over a couple years ago, all the work and hustle and bustle- so I began a journal to keep Christmas quotes in.  Quotes that inspire me to appreciate the true heart and nature of this season.  The actual making of the journal out of watercolor paper, acrylic paint and my stamps was a gift of time I allowed myself!  !5 minutes a day to add another quote is a nice start to a happy attitude habit.  I've found that it's helped me keep my sanity this year, when I've actually been too busy to set up ANY decorations at all.  It's helped keep me from hitting a holiday depression because the funds don't allow for us to do as much for others as we would like this year.  It's kept me centered and focused on what TRULY means the most to me in my life:)
I hope you enjoy, as I'll share a few of my favorite quotes having to do with gifts here.  More general Christmas quotes on my blog.  Happy Holidays to one and all.  May you all be blessed beyond measure!


  1. I enjoyed this! I am getting reconnected with old old OLD artistic roots and besides enjoying the sayings you shared, I was admiring the lettering fonts too!
    May I ask, what do you use to make the white accents on the first photo? Is it paint or pen or something else? I hope it isn't a trade secret. :D

    Happiest of Holidays to you and yours! Thanks for the inspirations.

    1. I used a white gel pen. most likely a signo uniball- it's my favorite, though the new white Faber Castel pigment pen is creeping up the ranks! Glad you enjoyed it!

  2. I just love this, Kari. Thank you for sharing it!

  3. Thanks Kari, I walked down to the local Hobby Lobby and picked up a white gel pen this afternoon! I look forward to giving it a try! Thanks for telling me about this technique! :D


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.