Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas from the Sketchbook Challenge Artists to all of you!!

Desiree Habicht here, We all wanted to wish you and your families a Very, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Wishing we could all be together, across the globe, sharing a Hot Chocolate and our sketchbooks while we visit! Merry Christmas!!

Leslie Tucker Jenison here.  It is an honor and privilege to be a part of this online community.  I'm continually inspired by the amazing work that you take the time to post on the Flickr site.  The Sketchbook Challenge is truly a "gift" that I cherish.  I wish each of you a wonderful, inspired holiday season and the very best for the year to come.
As I write my three daughters have returned home for the next ten days.  Hearing their laughter fill the rooms of our home gives me so much joy.  Family and friends, the ability to make art, and the opportunity to share ideas here....it just doesn't get much better than this!  Here's to a healthy, art-filled New Year!
This photo was taken while in Houston at the International Quilt Festival.

Take the time to observe.  Sometimes what you see will surprise you!
This lens was positioned in front of an installation of thread spools
at the Houston Quilt Festival.

pinecone dec 2012
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from
Jane LaFazio

and for you, a tutorial on how I drew and
painted this pinecone, on my JaneVille blog.


I wish you all love the gifts of love and peace in your home this Christmas from Pam Carriker


So much of Christmas, for me, is about memory. Memories of a wonderful, loving childhood; my sweet parents, now gone from us; my children as babies, toddlers, teenagers—all wrapped in images of snow and twinkling lights and early Christmas mornings.

I have never purchased Christmas cards. I have made them for years, and they provide a touchstone to memory for me, and a visual record of all the Christmases of my married life.

This block print is of the first house we owned. How I loved that little house! So many memories. Each year I take out my scrapbook of my handmade cards and the Christmases of the past flood over me.

I wish, for you, wonderful memories—both of Christmases past and the memories you are making today.  Peace!  Terry Grant


Red paper ornaments with hand drawn designs in silver metallic and white gel pens, around a silver cardboard letter.  May your Christmas be Merry & Bright!   Jamie Fingal  p.s. 'bright' is still in process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.