Thursday, January 24, 2013

Follow Up

Hi, it's Deborah. Remember I took a "micro-local" artist date by walking around my neighborhood? Yesterday I looked back at my favorite photo (from the 522 I snapped) and pulled out some paints!


I just wanted to play with thick, blobby paint, texture and a bit of subtle stamping.



I used two of my favorite stamping/stenciling tools -- sequin waste and a nerf dart. Plus this hand cut pinwheel stamp.


I don't think it's essential to go on an "artist date" then come home and put your inspiration instantly in your sketchbook. Sometimes the most important take-away is simply the experience. But, this was a fun follow for me.

5 comments:

  1. Love the way you used your image, and I never would have thought of the nerf darts... We have plenty of those, all over the house! What agreat idea, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Now what about a fabric collage? I am a collage artist too and I can see the possibilities with your journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply wonderful! Makes me look at my surroundings in a whole new way!! Inspired :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I really like your follow-up. I like what you saw in the photo that wasn't actually there. The texture and the stamping and that hint of blue are just lovely, graphic interpretations of the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful page! Thanks for sharing it--it's inspiring. I like the boldness of the patterns played off by the subtle coloring--a perfect page for journaling!

    ReplyDelete