Wednesday, January 23, 2013

High Steppin Doodle Art

Jamie Fingal checking in on my latest 'art date.'  What if?  You painted a pair of high heels with Gesso, and then used the surface as a sketchbook?
Using a fine point Sharpie pen, I began drawing my doodles on one of the high heels

I have an artists date each night at home, drawing on these shoes

One heel done, the other beginning

I am drawing out of my imagination - ZenJamie

As an artist who usually works in cloth and thread, I am seeing some free motion quilting motifs that I used in my work

Thinking outside the box, and out of the sketchbook!

The heel on the right is a work in progress right now

The heels are being made for the Kick Off Your Heels Fundraiser that Sue Bleiweiss and I are hosting
Onward and upward to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

14 comments:

  1. Jamie, these are fabulous! I love zentangles, but this really takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing idea, really surreal idea for doodling. The shoe designers will be so envious. I think I might have a go on my trainers - but with my own type of doodling. Thanks for such an enjoyable post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IF I ever get around to it, and if I posted it on my blog, I would of course credit you as inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic! Wish I could skip work today and doodle on a pair of heels. There's always later in the evening ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them! I think someone would want to actually wear this pair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these zentangle shoes. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely creative job, good luck with your fun raiser, I think that you will be taking yours home with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had no idea gesso could be used like this- thank you for the inspiration! I have always been drawn too funky shoes like this. (no pun intended!) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are just stunning! Great art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great thinking, out of the (shoe) box for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! I sooo love gesso, and using it to liven up a pair of shoes--priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I altered a shoe as part of a workshop years ago. Seeing the gesso shoe though has me thinking about the shoes in my closet that will meet this fate :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.