Wednesday, February 27, 2013

sweet new markers

Sue B here...  I have a weakness for colored pencils and markers so whenever I go to the craft store I always browse those aisles.  The last time I was in the store I came across a set of AquaMarkers that I had not seen before.  The colors made me think of this months "sweet" theme and so I couldn't resist bringing some home.


I have to say, these markers are definitely pretty sweet and juicy!  The colors are very rich and when you brush them with water...



which you can see in the second column they behave like watercolor paint even once they have dried on the paper.  I had some scraps of watercolor paper on my sketching desk so I played around a bit drawing some simple flowers with them:


and then I turned them into some sweet little note cards:





10 comments:

  1. Nooooo. Don't show me something cool that I want to run out and buy! LOL Thankfully it is 5:45 a.m. so I will have cooling off period before any stores open. :) Seriously, thanks for sharing these cool pens. I like how you turned your samples into sweet cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Cute cards! May I ask a few questions?
    (1) Does the ink from these pens stabilize after being washed over with water? In other words, is it vulnerable if it gets wet? What I'm getting to is, would it be wise to spray with a fixative, or is it okay now that it's been wetted and dried?
    (2) What did you use to attach the art to the card?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous: It behaves like a watercolor so as long as there is ink on the surface no matter how long it's been dry for it's still going to be effected by the water. So if you're worried about whatever you use it on getting wet then a fixative would be a good idea.

      I used some little sticky back foam mounting squares to mount the art to the card because I like the way it lifts it off the surface of the card.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Sue.
      Yes, I noticed that there seemed to be dimension between the art and the card. Thanks for sharing this creative idea/technique.
      BTW, I like the way you combined flowers with and without the black outlining, it really adds interest.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for showing us.I love learning about products for My paper crafts. Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are these different from Tombows? I actually have them but have not opened the package yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These aren't by Tombow, they're put out by Letraset: http://letraset.com/

      More info on the aquamarker here: http://aquamarker.info/

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the reply, I actually meant to they perform differently than tombows? Would a person want both?

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry but I can't answer that question, I don't have any experience with tombow markers.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.