Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Sketchbook bowls

Hello Jackie here.
I am enjoying looking through some of my pile of sketchbooks for images of bowls. Its bringing back memories of stimulating courses as I  find images with lots of potential which were completely forgotten. Just like cleaning out cupboards it can be really time consuming as one gets diverted.

Here are some pictures of bowls and vessels in the British Museum.

 However bad the photos they can be useful, but most special are the little shapes and lines which catch your attention and which you jot down.

 Ideas include cutting out shapes from the photos and including them on the sketchbook page and playing around with an image on the computer.

. Here is a not very good monoprint done by wiping away the ink on the plate before printing using a press. Now we have the gelli plate to use at home this sort of image could be adapted in lots of ways. I’ll show you some examples in my next post.

1 comment:

  1. I have posted my bowls in the Flickr group, and my BlogSpot page as I can't find where to post it on this page.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.