Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Paper Flowers

Garden Doodles, Jackie.

There are lots of videos on You Tube showing techniques for making paper flowers. I made these from old book pages, but you could use scrapbook paper or recycled paper, of which there seems to be more and more.

 It was fun making them but how to use them for my sketchbook challenge. I decided to play with them on the ipad, so many of us now are playing around with our new toys. I took photos of the paper flowers and merged them with photos from my garden.

 The main programme I used was Sketchbook Pro with some help from Snapseed. I don’t pretend to be an expert but it is fun.

 So now I was able to build up my sketchbook page and here it is photographed complete with removable flowers.


  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, I had a lot of fun with this.

  2. These are beautiful Jackie and I love your use of a completely different media to bring it all together.

  3. I love the paper flowers and the creative collages you made, Jackie!

    1. Thank you both for the encouragement. Good luck with your work.

  4. I love your sketchbook page and .....subsequently, subscriber per e-mail. Not to miss anything

  5. These are wonderful, Jackie. I wonder if my hands can handle making more than one.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.