Friday, June 21, 2013

Sketching on the Lake

Hi! It's Deborah. I'm visiting my parents this week. They live in western New York right on Lake Ontario. I noticed this beautiful flower in Mom's garden when I first arrived. I knew it would be great inspiration for this month's challenge... garden doodles.

I started out with a simple line five looped flowers. Isn't this the most predictable doodle ever? But it really is inspired by the flower!
 I filled up the rest of the page playing around with size and adding the pointed petals.
I also doodled a bit with the bud of the flower. You can see it in the photograph above. I exaggerated the curly bits.

Another page playing with the shapes and patterns of the flower. You can see I drew one leaf dividing the sections of the leaf and thinking about the scalloped edges. 

It was a fun little diversion and creative project... for when I wasn't enjoying this beautiful view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.