Monday, August 19, 2013

Sketches of My Trip

Jamie Fingal checking in - my journey to Ashland, Oregon, and had a very relaxing visit.  I didn't take many pictures this trip, but decided to draw instead.  This is a sketchbook that I carry in my purse - a Moleskin Storybook with large and small squares.  It's my favorite book so far, and it is do-able.  No large blank canvas to look at, just small squares that fill up pretty fast.  All of the drawings are done with a Pilot Razor Point pen.

Painting in the garden, morning coffee, Pelton House and seeing the play "My Fair Lady"

Cocktails with the fam, seeing a very silly play "Robin Hood," eating breakfast and enjoying a latte and pie

A swing in the yard, reading in the main room, dinner at Amuse, and reading on my Kindle.
Sushi, kayaking, relaxation and blogging

There are three quilt stores in Ashland, Oregon, all within walking distance of one another.  Lunch at the Co-op, highlights from our trip and breakfast at The Morning Glory

Flying home.  Clearly, I need more practice in drawing an airplane.

detail of one of my most favorite things - painting with watercolors in the garden with my daughter!

Morning coffee, probably the best part of the day

We each had our reading devices, Kindles, iPads, and real paper books.  One of my greatest joys of being a part of The Sketchbook Challenge is to carry this book everywhere I go, and just draw.  I feel like I have developed my own person style.  what will you draw today?

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love the geometric quality of some of your sketches... I see it in sushi and kayaks very strongly. Makes me think I should try working smaller. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! I think I was reaching my stride when I got to those two drawings. Working small is pretty fun!

      Delete
  2. I love all of the clean lines in your drawings. It's very nice to have a sketchbook to pull out and review the trip, yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I carry it with me always. You never know when you need to look back on some great memories, or take out the pen and draw.

      Delete
  3. Great pages, drawings and they will make super memory keepers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style. Quirky and free. Super. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela. Probably the best compliment to be quirky and free! Yay!

      Delete
  5. I love this! I am going to check out the storybook journals...big blank spaces are not good for me, lol! Can you tell us the approximate size of your journal? I think I will have to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always remember more when I journal this way as opposed to snapping a photo. I love your style and the Moleskin Storybook is great! By the way, my whole family used to go to Ashland for ice cream I was a child. Many happy memories there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Sketches, wow, you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.