Thursday, August 15, 2013

Using a map for your sketchbook journey

map book
Map book ~ Jane LaFazio
map book
Map book ~ Jane LaFazio
Jane LaFazio here. I've seen this book structure, made with a map, a few times, and thought I'd give it a try. Great fun, and I want to make more and fill them with my sketches and watercolor!
map book
Map book ~ Jane LaFazio
map book
Map book ~ Jane LaFazio
map book
Map book ~ Jane LaFazio

map book
Map book ~ Jane LaFazio
I just used a full map, and folded the bottom portion up, to create a pocket. Then I folded it accordion style and taped the slides.
map book
Map book ~ Jane LaFazio

7 comments:

  1. Cool idea! and even cooler if you can get a map of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great way to use an old map!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow- Jane you always come up with the coolest ideas!!! Might you be willing to do one of your "Tiny Tutorials" on this one??? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here here! I second the Tiny Tutorial for this one! I'd love to know how to fold it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great demonstrative of adaptive reuse. Maps of all kinds tend to cling to me everytime I travel so I want to try this out.

    The type of binding and the little tag on the end are really satisfying to the eye. Thank you for sharing your experiment.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.