Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sketchbook Challenge Blog Hop ~ Jacqueline Newbold

Jacqueline here.  Houses and Hideaways reminds me of home and cozy places that I love.  Of course my favorite hideaway is my art studio!  It is located above the garage and is a great big room filled with light and color. I spend a lot of time in my studio hideaway painting, playing and exploring.  Join me in my hideaway studio as demonstrate how I paint a little house tucked away in a field of sunflowers. I made this speedy painting video as I was painting in one of my watercolor art journal.

My video of how I painted this little painting in my watercolor journal
If you are interested in the art supplies that I use, I have listed them on my blog.

13 comments:

  1. You're video is awesome Jacqueline. What a beautiful, HUGE art space. Loved your feature in STUDIOS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I loved your article in Studios and your dvd has just arrived! It will travel with me to the Oregon Coast and I will think of this excellent video and I paint seated along the breakwater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful Jeannie! The Oregon coast is so inspiring. Have you seen my blog post where I use Haystack Rock as a drawing tool: http://djnewbold.blogspot.com/2012/07/drawing-lesson-part-i.html

      Delete
  3. OH, thank you for that demonstration video!!! It's inspiring and seems like maybe even I could do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol - Yes you can! Read my article in the upcoming Art Journaling magazine to see how I got started. If I can paint anyone can!

      Delete
  4. Awesome loved your video. I want to go and paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so much fun to watch! I really enjoyed seeing how the painting grew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha Ha Kristin - That was my speed painting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love watching you work...it's inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.