Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Moon and Stars


Jackie here: I think this is quite a difficult challenge, although a lovely subject. Here is a suggestion. I looked in some of my books for images of the moon and stars; I particularly remembered many images of the moon and sun in medieval embroideries.


 Some of the images are quite small so I used a magnifying app on the ipad to enlarge them and saved to the camera roll. By the way this app is also useful if you have got to the stage of not being able to read labels when you are cooking!



 I have just found another app which replicates an old drawing tool called a Lucida Camera. You see the image on your ipad or iPhone and trace it onto paper.
Hard to explain but there are some good videos which show the process.

I don't think tracing is great, but it does give a starting point and also makes one look at an image and find out more about it,of course this can only be a starting point for your own ideas. Whatever, it is fun.

3 comments:

  1. Lucinda Camera is on sale today for $2.99 instead of $4.99.
    http://www.cameralucidaforsale.com/post/66970321416/camera-lucida-is-on-sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring this app....was happy to buy it on sale today.
    Great info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ,I hope you have fun with it.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.