Saturday, December 7, 2013

'Holiday Colours'


Jackie here with the theme of ‘Holiday Colours’, which for most of us at the moment means reds, greens, sparkling silver tinsel and twinkling fairy lights. It also makes me think of colours seen on holiday during the year. We were lucky to have an autumn break in Bruges, Belgium in October. It was getting dark when we arrived and by the time we had unpacked and emerged from the hotel into the narrow cobbled streets the beautiful medieval buildings were floodlit and the main impression was the gold covered facades and the sparkling reflections in the canal.

Some scraps from my photos.



I then worked into my sketchbook using masking fluid and water colours.

I then used acrylic medium and an iron to add some metallic foil to the page.
I then copied 'the lady' onto tissue paper and added the image to the page.







Best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season, and I hope you will continue with us on the Sketchbook Challenge in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.