Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pages from My Sketchbook

Jamie Fingal checking in.  Here is my small Moleskin Storybook Sketchbook.  This has become by 'all time' favorite type book to draw in.  It's small and fits in my purse, so I can take it everywhere.

The drawing areas are 2x2-1/2" - easy with no fear of a blank page.  I love seeing the houses on our street all decked out for Christmas, and that was my inspiration

and then there are those things that go with the holidays - hot chocolate, gifts, candles, holly and snowflakes

I took my sketchbook to my local copy store and had the pages enlarged by 50%

The reason for the enlargement, is that I wanted to paint them with watercolors, since the theme for this month is Holiday Colors

So, here are the houses in their grouping

detail of aqua house with whimsical trees

red house with stars and trees

a red gingerbread house with kindergarten trees (meaning the kind of trees that I drew in kindergarten)
Orange house with snowmen

Getting into the spirit of Christmas

Hot chocolate with peppermint, cinnamon and yummy marshmallows

Candles to set the mood and bring in the scents that remind you of sentimental times in your life

Gifts for the people that you love

Holly, snowflakes and a heart ornament.  May your days be merry and bright!


  1. Love the mini's! Inspiring....thanks for sharing.

  2. I like knowing how big your drawings were originally. That really helps when I sit and try to do something in a journal in a similar fashion. These pics would make a great card series or note tags or....

  3. Wonderful drawings and little sketchbook. May your Holidays be joyous and giving.

  4. Inspiring and so sweet! Love these��


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.