Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Scrap Collage Cards



Frances Holliday Alford here.  Happy Holidays to all.

I usually make my cards for the holidays and other occasions.
I have a method that I have been using for a few years.  I start with a large piece of paper, some acrylic medium and a large hodge podge of scraps.   I used foil candy wrappers, vintage stickers, wrapping paper and printed tissue paper.

I started by gluing the pieces down, overlapping and with random placement.
I like to put glue (acrylic medium, Modge Podge or other white glue that dries clear) below and above the pieces.  I used some spray ink and some alcohol ink on this one.

After the sheets are completely dry, I cut them into 4"x6" pieces.  It is interesting to see how each one comes out after the random placement on the page.
 
I add Washi Tape to the edges of most of the cut pieces and then glue them to a 6"x8" card.
 
 
 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
 
I have also made some with paper that is painted and glittered.  I used ink spray by Dylusions and added glitter.  Once again, I cut them into 4"x6" pieces.   I added German paper cuts of Christmas Trees, angels, and other images.  Like the others, these were glued to larger folded cards.
 
 


 
 
I ordered the Strathmore blank cards from Amazon.    The German paper cuts are available on  Ebay and also at http://www.etsy.com/shop/32NorthSupplies.  The Dylusions Ink Spray is available at
www.interweavestore.com/and also on Amazon.   A great source for glitter is http://www.artglitter.com/.  Washi Tape is found on Ebay and Amazon and is a Japanese masking tape that comes in a large variety of beautiful colors and designs.
 
When you are all through with this project, your cordless hand vaccuum will be your best friend.
 

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Just the kind of cards I want to make. Thanks for showing your techinques and including the sources.
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to hear this Vicki. This is a very fun way to loosen up and make cards that have a spontaneous look. I hope you will show me what you do. Coyotetrap@aol.com

      Delete
  2. great ideas! I need to try this. {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like the ideas. Good luck to you.
      Frances

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.