Sunday, January 19, 2014

put a bird on it.

from my sketchbook
Jane LaFazio here. I love combining collage and sketching, it's such an easy and fulfilling way of adding some background interest.
For the bird above, I drew with a Tombow water soluble pen, then blended the ink with a waterbrush.
Here's a little video of my process:


from my sketchbook
My kitty BeBop is clearly drawn to the bird...or not.
from my sketchbook
Another page, with just a bit of old book page as collage. I drew the objects in pencil first, then pen, then painted them with watercolor. I wrote within the shape of the house, to add a bit of texture, then stamped some words, and created 'DREAM" using a letter stencil.
from my sketchbook

from my sketchbook

from my sketchbook
Head over to my JaneVille blog and see how I translated my bird drawing to fabric.
19 from sketch to quilt

6 comments:

  1. Love it. Love birds. Thanks for the little video. Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your video - very informative to show the stages in creating :) I also enjoy using collage as a base for drawing & then painting watercolour over. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Jane. How creative to transfer onto fabric. I would never have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.