Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pomegranates ~ Jane LaFazio

Pomegrantes ~ from my sketchbook
Jane LaFazio here. This month's challenge warm and cool colors is challenging for me. I don't think of words when I think of colors. I don't use the words complimentary or tertiary when I teach or when I paint.
Pomegrantes ~ from my sketchbook
Pomegrantes ~ from my sketchbook
I do know, that right now, I'm painting in reds and yellows and oranges, and those are the colors I'm drawn to...right now. 
I mix color intuitively, without words. 
And I know that the red seeds of the pomegranate turned cool when I added blue and purple.
Pomegrantes ~ from my sketchbook

Here's a VIDEO of my pomegranate page:

)
Pomegrantes ~ from my sketchbook
I've got some online Sketching and Watercolor classes open for registration. For beginners "Sketching and Watercolor: Journal Style" and for people who know how to draw "Watercolor Sketchbook: Designs from Life." (No mention of tertiary colors in either class. :-) 
Oh, and be sure and check out Danny Gregory's new venture "Sketchbook Skool."
Pomegrantes ~ from my sketchbook

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your thoughts on color temps and mixing. Pretty pomegranates!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.