Thursday, March 13, 2014

Warm and Cool

Jackie here with my attempt at March’s interesting challenge; for a start I found my book on colour theory ‘Itten – The Elements of Colour’. I also have a ‘collection’ of colour swatches which I keep in the book. It does qualify as one of the books on my shelf that I have never studied in detail but it has some illustrations and colour wheels which I have used in the past.

To make your own colour wheel of the warm and cool sides of the colour wheel you can gather household items, fabric etc., and this starts to make one more aware of colour combinations in general. I went through some colour magazines which came with our Sunday paper and tore out hot and cold colours.

I then pasted them onto a pieces of paper to make  random collages.

I will be back with the next stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.