Thursday, May 22, 2014

Is Yellow Mellow? Desiree Habicht

Hi everyone!!! Its Desiree here! I hope you are excited to move out of the dull winter colors and into the warm light of spring, summer and yellow!

Yellow is a funny color, some people hate it and some people love it. I am a yellow lover. In my garden it is always a blast of bright light in a dark flower bed. In a painting it can make something look backlit and glowing.



                 on my palette it blends well to lighten and brighten and even give warmth to other colors.



 Did you know that there are cool yellows and warm yellows? For example a cooler yellow would be a lemon yellow while a warm yellow would be gamboge.



I tend to lean towards the warmer  yellows. The ones that fit into summer and fall and blend with all the warm oranges .


But where ever you fit into these groups you have to admit yellow is fun! 

Its sunshine, and Lemonade, its sunflowers and marigolds. 

Sorry, this is not a one of my sketches but one of my pastel paintings but it works so well with our theme!
Yellow even comes out at night, 

I don't think there is anything Mellow about Yellow! 


Spread some sunshine today!

 Feel free to check out my other blog which is all about sketching. I give you tips, videos, and lessons. It was originally for my students only but I have decided to open it up for everyone. I hope you will take a moment and hop over to check it out.

Hugs,

8 comments:

  1. Enjoyed all the yellow eye candy. Yellow has always been my main color. Never alone but always with other colors but it's always included such as when I did my house with yellow, blue and white with touches of pink and green or when it changed to red and yellow with touches of blue or purple and green. Yellow brings in the sunshine! It's a smile on a gray day or warmth on a cold night. Gotta have yellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Timaree, that was beautifullt stated, thanks! Love that yellow love i'm feeling!

      Delete
  2. Desiree, I love all your work, and the pastel painting is just breathtaking. Thank you so much for sharing. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dion, right back atcha! You know I am one of your biggest fans!

      Delete
  3. I am a yellow lover but understand that is a color to use with limits. Your pastel of sunflowers is breath taking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nicole, i hope to have my fine art website back up soon where i can share more of my fine art again. I agree with you,Yellow should have limits, something that powerful needs some limits! Thanks for your comments!

      Delete
  4. I see you were in Sketchbook skool with me! In fact, I was admiring your lemon and thinking how well it turned out in watercolor (vs my attempt of a yellow grapefruit in pencil crayon).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie, yes I was and am in sketchbook skool. Some of the teachers are my friends and I want to support them and learn from all of the amazing teachers they are bringing in! I thinks its wonderful to be able to get to know each of the artists this way, an unique opportunity to learn from each one right in our own home! I don't know if I saw your yellow grapefruit, where is it? Are you taking the next semester? Lots of great artists in that group too.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.