Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Yellow Play

Jackie here with my take on the May theme of yellow, as you can see from Sue’s photos yellow is certainly all around us particularly at this time of year. Nearly every field where I live in the UK is covered by oilseed rape and although over the hills and far away looks beautiful, I am not so thrilled as I have an allergy to the crop, as do many people.

I started by playing, having found these shapes in Asda for £1. They work but not really worth trying except for fun as they are not as good as shapes cut from sticky backed fun foam, but I don’t discount finding some better arty use for them.

I made a print block.

 I painted the background with yellow and acrylic gesso, so I could make some marks into it with cotton buds.

I then printed a few shapes.

Printed on tissue paper and stuck it on with PVA.

Finally I stencilled yellow flowers to make my picture. Don't forget to post your yellow play on Flickr to be part of the monthly slideshow.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.