Monday, June 16, 2014

Friendship Fish

Friendship Fish

Hi, Dion Dior here.  This month's theme is "Water", and what better way to celebrate the theme than with fish.

Friendship Fish

Being an Aussie, I naturally love the ocean, and many years ago had a passion for scuba-diving (as many Aussies do).  I've dived all over the place, but apart from the Great Barrier Reef off the far north coast of Australia, my next favorite place to dive is the Gulf of Thailand.  Crystal clear water, incredible tropical fish and reefs that will literally take your breath away.

Friendship Fish

Friendship Fish

I don't dive any more, but I still have a love affair with the ocean and the beautiful creatures that dwell within it.

Friendship Fish

So, for this month I thought I'd share an art-journal page I call "Friendship Fish".  This spread was done in a journal that I made myself.  I don't often make my own journals these days, I have so little time and there are some beautiful sketchbook options around that are very high quality.  (This one is my favorite).

Friendship Fish

"Friendship Fish" was done in acrylic and watercolor pencil with ink writing.  It is a metaphoric celebration of a lovely circle of women I love.

Friendship Fish

Art journals and sketchbooks can be so many things to so many people, I hope you have a ongoing habit with your sketchbook. 

Please share your images from this months theme in The Sketchbook Challenge Flickr Group, and don't forget to tag it with the code jun638 so it can be included in the end of month slide slow on this blog.

Friendship Fish

Friendship Fish

And don't forget to stop by my blog to join in Friday Sketches or browse any of my class offerings, including the upcoming "Watercolor Pencils" online class.

Thanks for checking in. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.