Thursday, July 10, 2014

My Documented Life Project

Jamie Fingal checking in today.  I thought you might enjoy seeing my hand made calendar that I created with handmade paper as my base, that created the colored lines that run horizontally.  Everything else is hand drawn with Copic markers, Sharpies and white gel pens.  The drawing itself was done in a large 9x12 journal book, where the pages lay flat when you open the book.

This is part of The Documented Life Project, where people do a calendar like this, weekly.  This was my first attempt at this concept.

I have to say that this was really fun to create.  I don't think I could do this every week, but I do like the idea of it.  Maybe once a month would be more my speed.

Talk about 'thinking outside the box' - this takes the cake!  And I think you could apply this to many other projects.  I love the free-form of it all.

a larger detail

I love the white gel pens and what they can do to make artwork pop!  Can't wait to see what you create this month for The Sketchbook Challenge.  Make Time for Art!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.