Monday, July 28, 2014

Summer Sketches

Hi everyone, Dion Dior here.  I've been fortunate enough to have enjoyed back to back summers this year.  I spent the Southern Hemisphere summer Down Under, then headed back to the US and have been reveling in the most glorious mid-western summer I can remember in a long time.

My favorite subject to sketch while on vacation is by far nature, specifically flowers.  Every day there is something to capture.  So, over my endless summer of 2014 I've been sketching simple flowers and leaves at every opportunity.  My sketchbook is filled with them, gorgeous reminders of my extended summer vacation.

Even though many of you are in winter right now, I hope you are enjoying the season nonetheless. 

Thanks for checking in. xx


  1. This is so inspiring! My husband loves to garden and I've just picked up a sketch book over the past few weeks and I'm giving it a try. Some sketches turn out nice....other's not so much. I like the idea of writing along with the sketches. I also love your format of putting the dates on your entries in the little box. NICE!

    1. Hi Tammy, I'm so glad you are starting a sketching habit. It will be your life long friend. Thank you for stopping by the blog. Hugs, dd. xx

  2. Thanks for a peek inside your journal pages - I love your botanical drawings - they're beautiful!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.