Friday, August 1, 2014

August Theme - Coffee and Tea

Greetings from Jamie Fingal in Orange, California. I am happy to announce the August theme - Coffee and Tea!  Two of my favorite things in life!  Anyone who knows me is aware of my love for the cup and saucer.  I have a beloved collection of them, handed down to me by my grandma Alice.  She also taught me how to sew.  A cup and saucer (not matching) is a common motif in my work as a fiber artist.
Here is one of my collaged quilts, using my fabric line (Hoffman Fabrics) with a cup and saucer on the roof, part of my signature style.  Coffee on the House!
From my sketchbook, these quotes caught my attention.  I used Sharpie pens and Copic markers in all of these drawings in my sketchbooks.  Coffee and Tea inspire me.  There is nothing like going to my favorite shop for a cup of something soothing, refreshing, warm, delicious, smooth, and yummy - with a friend, a book, sketchbook and drink it all in.

A brew will see you through.  What's your favorite?  Hot, cold, iced, black, blended, decaf, heavy on the foam or whatever floats your boat.  Share with us!

and then there are all of those delicious foods that go so well with coffee and tea.

A cup of tea. Tea for Two, What's your pleasure?  I hope you are inspired to share your interpretations, ideas, and visions.  Have fun with it.  I sure did!  Happy August! 

Please share your images from this months theme in The Sketchbook Challenge Flickr Group, and don't forget to tag it with the code aug174 so it can be included in the end of month slide slow on this blog.


  1. Wonderful.Love how each of the pieces are bursting with vibrant and joyous colours.Very uplifting on this dull gloomy day.I love the last piece the most.

  2. Your sketches have inspired me to make a coffee cup mug rug.

  3. Love the bright colors. Gorgeous. I grew up in Orange, when it was full of orange groves!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.