Friday, September 5, 2014

Words

 
Hi everyone, Dion Dior here.  What a wonderful theme for the Sketchbook Challenge this month.  Words are such an important part of my own sketching process, particularly in my illustrated journals.


Since I was a child I've been keeping a journal, and as I grew, so did my desire to introduce pictures and color onto the pages. But words were first.


These days my focus is well and truly on the art, but I always, always, always, include words in my journals.  Sometimes they're my own, and other times they are quotes and inspiration.


When I'm working on a fine art piece, I use words in my sketchbook to describe color and form.  I make notes about mixes, and my approach.  Using words is a very important way to develop your journaling and sketchbook habit.



How do you use words in your sketchbook? 


Thanks for checking in. xx

4 comments:

  1. I start from Bible verses or inspirational quotes. Use the sketching time to reflect on those words. Love your journals. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds lovely Cindy. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages. I love the vibrant colours you use :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.