Monday, October 6, 2014


I have a little sketchbook made from a lovely soft handmade paper which still has bits of fibre in it; this was a present some time ago and I use it occasionally when I pick up interesting or coloured leaves when out walking. They press nicely between its pages and I have found that a blob of hot glue fixes them to the page. It always amazes me as to how well the leaves keep their colours.

Some of the leaf shapes look like little trees in themselves. I have been following a line drawing workshop with Lisa Congdon and, inspired by her methods, added some geometric tree shapes around one of the leaves in the sketchbook.

I then took photographs of some of the  pages and put them through grunge filters in ipad apps. I then printed them out onto photo paper and added more geometric shapes using a black Berol marker.

Have fun with October's autumn theme, Jackie.


  1. I love this idea! I just picked up leaves on my walk last beautiful and inspiring

    1. I hope you enjoy using them in your sketchbook.

  2. I do the same thing Jackie! I love collecting leaves as well as dyeing fabric and paper with them. Great post!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.