Saturday, November 8, 2014

drawing leaves

Sue B here...

One of my favorite things about living in New England is watching the leaves turn from shades of green to shades of yellow, orange and red.  We had a really bright vivid leaf changing season this year with really vibrant color on the trees.

This tree on the back of our property turned the most vivid shade of orange and red and whenever I looked out the kitchen window to look at it, it took my breath away.  Suffice it to say there was no lack of inspiration for me to use for this months theme so I pulled out my colored pencil caddy and...











I like to draw leaves because their uneven shapes and rough edges mean that no matter how you draw them they look like a leaf.







Whenever I sit down with my colored pencils it reminds me of being a kid again and sitting down with a big box of crayons and a stack of construction paper.   Go ahead and break out your colored pencils (or crayons) and draw some leaves!


2 comments:

  1. I like your leaves-"stories" - how you draw them and paint them, even on fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the guide to leaves drawing. I like it very much. Especially the maple leave. It's so bright and exquisite.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.