Saturday, November 1, 2014

November Theme: "Fall Leaves"

Leslie here.  I grew up in the midwest where fall means gorgeous, glowing leaf color.  I find that I miss all the splendor of fall with its colored leaves in my San Antonio location.  This year I was able to get a "dose" of fall beauty in two places:  Tuscany and Ohio.
I traveled to Italy in late September/early October and was just in time to see the grape leaves begin to turn brilliant red to bright yellow on the vines.  Maple leaves seemed to glow along the Ohio highways.
Do you love fall colored leaves?  What are your favorites?  Please join me this month as we embrace this wonderful palette.  I am looking forward to seeing your work!
here is a leaf I picked up and tucked into my sketchbook near Lucca, in Tuscany.

A quick sketch of the grape vines with fields of grapes and olive trees on the distant hills

I was taken with the unusual tint of the pomegranate fruit (and surprised that the leaves were so small!

We were allowed to pick some bay leaves from a large shrub on the 
property of one of the vineyards we visited.

I tucked a bay leaf in my sketchbook, too!

and also some of her lavender.  I loved to smell the 
aroma of this as I opened the sketchbook!

Another small watercolor painting of the beautiful grape leaves and grapes of Italy.

Show me your leaves!

Please share your images from this months theme in The Sketchbook Challenge Flickr Group, and don't forget to tag it with the code nov852 so it can be included in the end of month slide slow on this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, the leaves in my part of the world are a beautiful bright spring green! I shall just have to use my imagination or images in books or on the web.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.