Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Whimsical Leaves

Jamie Fingal, checking in.  Love this theme.  One of my favorite things to draw in my sketchbook are leaves.  Fun and whimsical.  Being a constant doodler has led me down this path to create these leaves.

My imaginary leaves with polka dots and triangles

Vines of leaves in a two page spread inside by Moleskin Notebook

Detail of one page

In my 'Tag' sketchbook, a little watercolor drawing from Fall

Simple leaves on a vine.  This is a stencil design that I created for StencilGirl Products for their June Stencil Club.  It was fun to embroider the design on linen.
Other fun leaves and flowers
Flowers and Leaves stencil by StencilGirl Products, my design!
More leaves and flowers from an early sketchbook.  I hope I have inspired you!


  1. Leaves are so cool b/c you can have a contrast of visual texture on the 2 sides. Yours sketches are making me want to doodle today. Thanks for the inspiration.

  2. Thank you for the reminder!! I can't wait to get home and start doodling again!

  3. I soooooo love your leaves ,they would make a glorious quilt in say batiks


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.