Monday, December 29, 2014

Looking Back on the Sketchbook Challenge

Greetings, everyone!  Leslie here, wishing you and yours a great holiday season!  I have been a contributing artist to the Sketchbook Challenge project since the outset and it has been an honor.
In the process, I have had the opportunity to become friends with so many other talented artists and feel like I have learned so much from being a part of it.  I thought I would share a few small pieces that were created during the years of the Sketchbook Challenge.


hummingbird nest (watercolor)

One of my "imaginary animals", part of the November 2011 theme


This collaged piece was featured in Sue Bleiweiss' book, 


I attended some local life-drawing classes and try to attend whenever possible.

drew from old photos (this was made into a screen for printing on fabric)

I did a series of drawings on fabric using a ruling pen

I used drawings, stencils, and printing to make numerous collages.

I do a lot of sketching on my sewing machine, as well.


Sometimes I stitch together a variety of things for a journal page.


I love to sketch on cloth!

Watercolors are a meditative process...




And I have developed the practice of taking a small set with me when I travel.

These are a few of the things I have done during the arc of the Sketchbook Challenge.  It is my sincere hope that those of you who have followed the project have found some things along the way that have become part of your artistic practice.  It has been a joy to be on this journey.  My hope is that you will continue to make art and let it be a regular part of your life-experience.  Thank you for coming along!


2 comments:

  1. Love all your posts and sketches, Leslie ... and am particularly fond of your "Meerkeet"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.